Book Ramble: The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry

Tuesday, April 21, 2015





I finished reading The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry the other day and OMG I loved it! I loved it so much I just had to give it a post all to itself. The book tells the life story of A.J. Fikry (didn’t see that one coming did ya?), starting when he is at the end of his thirties, about 1,5 years after his wife has passed away in a car accident.
A.J. spends his days working at the little bookstore he owns, and his nights getting drunk alone in his apartment. One day he finds a two-year-old girl left in his store, and after it is revealed that the mother has committed suicide, A.J. decides to raise the girl as his own which helps him get over his wife. I just have to say that the book is soooo much better than I just made it sound like! :-D I picked up the book a couple of months ago because it has been very hyped in the internet book community, but it didn’t really sound like the type of book I would usually read, so I never really got around to reading it until now. I am currently reading the second book in the Lunar chronicles, but the other day I just didn’t feel like reading sci-fi/fantasy, and I mainly picked this one off the shelf because it looked fairly short (ca. 250 pages). Then I couldn't put it down again, and I finished it in two days. I think it is one of those books you really have to be in the mood for, otherwise it may seem a bit boring. It is however perfect for anyone who loves books, because there is a LOT of book talk. So, if you want a cute little story about people and books that’s going to make you laugh and cry (I did. A lot. Like a lot a lot.), then this is definitely the book for you!

Have you read the book? What are your thoughts? 


xx - Lene

You Might Also Like

0 kommentarer

Subscribe