New in books

Tuesday, March 24, 2015




I have gotten a bit addicted to buying books, and it’s getting a bit out of hand… So, I thought I’d share some of my new additions with you!

The first book is The strange library by Haruki Murakami. My friend Sisse gave it to me a couple of weeks ago, and I finished it the day I got it. It is a really short book with amazing illustrations, and I’ll talk more about it in my March reads post.

The next one is The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith aka J. K. Rowling. This is a crime novel and I don’t really know to much about, I mainly got it because I love J. K. Rowling and it was on sale :-D It does however sound really interesting and I do really like crime novels.

Next is Cinder by Marissa Meyer. This is a sci-fi retelling of Cinderella set in the future city New Beijing, where an incurable plague is spreading. In this version Cinder is a cyborg, working as a mechanic. After her stepsister gets sick with the plague, Cinder is blamed by her stepmother. After being taken from her home, she has to figure out her past to save the future. It sounds really weird with the whole cyborg thing, but I am only 90 pages into it and already love it!!

When I was in the bookshop to get Cinder, one of the clerks came up to me and we started talking about books, and she mentioned The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon because she had just read it. This is a dystopian story about a dreamwalker/clairvoyant called Paige, set in London. The book is supposed to be a lot better than it sounds, and I can’t wait to read it.

Next is Guilty Pleasures by Lurell K. Hamilton. This is the first book in Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series. My friend told me to read these books years ago, and for some reason I had book 2-5 but not the first one so I got it. :-D

The last one is The Scorch Trials by James Dasher. It is the sequel to The Maze Runner, which I read in February, and though I wasn’t too excited about that one, I do really want to read the rest of the series.


xo - Lene

You Might Also Like

0 kommentarer

Subscribe