January reads

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

january books

I love reading, and this year I am doing the Goodreads 2015 reading challenge. My goal is to read 30 books during the year, which is not a lot compared to a lot of other people, but I wanted to set a goal that I actually have a chance of reaching :-D Since I am doing the challenge, I thought I would do a monthly update on what I have been reading.


I talked about “Fangirl” by Rainbow Rowell in my September favorites, and I absolutely loved it, so this month I have been reading a couple more of Rainbow Rowell’s books. The first book is “Attachments” which I really liked. The book is set at a newspaper office in 1999, and it focuses on a guy named Lincoln whose job is to monitor the employees’ e-mails. He starts to read the e-mails between Beth and Jennifer, and begins to fall in love with one of them. The book shifts between the story of Lincoln, and the e-mails between Beth and Jennifer, and it is really fun to read both perspectives of the story. I like the fact that it is a romance story, but it isn’t annoyingly gooey romantic.

The second book I read was “Eleanor & Park” also by Rainbow Rowell. I ordered this online just after finishing “Attachments” and I liked it so much. The book centers on Eleanor and Park (duh), and it tells the story of how they meet and fall in love, but it also focuses a lot on Eleanor’s troubled home life, and the other things that get in the way of their relationship.

The last book I read was "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. The book is set in the beginning of the 1800s and is about the Bennet family focusing on the second eldest daughter called Elizabeth and her relationship with Mr. Darcy. This book is definitely not for everyone, and you kind of have to be in the right mood to read it as it is a very heavy read, but I actually really enjoyed it.

I also read "Grace's guidebook" by Grace Helbig (the youtuber), which is kind of a parody of a self-help book, and it was hilarious.

If you want to keep track of how I’m doing in the challenge, or you want to join in yourself you can find my Goodreads profile here.



- Lene

Book challenge progress: 4/30

You Might Also Like

0 kommentarer

Subscribe