New in books #3

Thursday, June 11, 2015




























I may have gotten a little too carried away with the book buying in May, but to be fair some of them were ordered online back in April.


The first three are a part of Penguin’s little black classics, which is a series of little books with either poems or excerpts from stories, each written by a different author. I got The Beautiful Cassandra by Jane Austen, The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe and The Tinder Box by Hans Christian Andersen.

The next two books are by Sarah J. Maas. The first one is A Court of Thorns and Roses. This one is kind of a retelling of beauty and the beast and it’s supposed to be really good :-D
The second one is Throne of Glass, which is the first book in the series of the same name. It is about a teenage assassin called Celaena who, after getting caught, makes a deal. She has to represent the prince in a fight-to-the-death tournament in exchange for her freedom. I mainly go this one because my friend Sisse has been raving about the series, and she practically forced me to buy it (at least that’s what I’m telling myself).

I also got Fairest by Marissa Meyer. This is a companion novel to the Lunar chronicles, and it tells the backstory for the series’ villain Queen Levana. I actually read this one just when I got it, and I will talk more about it in my May reads post, which will hopefully be up tomorrow.

I read the first book in The Maze Runner series by James Dashner a couple months ago, and this month I decided to pick up the second one in the series, The Scorch Trials.

The last one I got is Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider. I read Severed Heads and Broken Hearts last year, and when I found out Robyn Schneider was releasing a new book, I had to preorder it immediately. It is about a boy named Lane who gets sick with an incurable type of tuberculosis. Due to the sickness being highly infectious, Lane is sent to a special boarding school for kids with tuberculosis.

All of these books sound SO good, and I can't wait to read them! 


xx - Lene


You Might Also Like

0 kommentarer

Subscribe