Book Ramble: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Monday, June 08, 2015


I finally handed in my exam project a couple days ago, and after having been cut off from everything for the past two weeks, I’m back! I finished reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky last month, and IT. WAS. AMAZING. As I wrote in my post about my new books last month, I cried a lot while watching the movie, but that was nothing compared to the book.
 
The book is a coming-of-age novel about a boy named Charlie, and it tells the story of his first year of high school. Charlie is very insecure and awkward (like, ridiculously awkward) which makes school kind of hard for him. Eventually he befriends Sam and Patrick, and becomes a part of their group. His life seems to get better, but as the book progresses we learn that Charlie has some deeper problems.

This book has been very hyped, and I can definitely see why. This has everything: It’s funny, it’s sad, it’s got love and it’s relatable for anyone who’s ever been an awkward teenager. So, if you haven’t read it (which you probably have, I’m just really late on the bandwagon), you should go and read it right away!


xx - Lene

You Might Also Like

0 kommentarer

Subscribe