Album in focus #4: Everybody wants

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

the struts

Hello again! I thought it was about time I wrote another Album in focus post, and this time I’m going to talk about The Struts’ album “Everybody Wants”. This is their debut album, and it was released in the summer of 2014. Their music is in the rock/glam rock genre, and most of their songs sound like they belong in the 70’s or something. Some of the songs are a bit pop inspired, but overall they have a very old school rock vibe about them. 
My favorite song on the album is “Could have been me”, which I have mentioned before as one of my weekly favorite songs here, so I’m not going to say much more about it here, besides the fact that it is great!
Another favorite of mine is “Put your money on me”. This is a really catchy song, and it’s one of those songs I never grow tired of.
Next track after that is “She makes me feel like” which is the song I have heard played the most I think, and it is probably one of there more well known songs, which is understandable. The song is (again) kind of catchy, and it is definitely the most pop-inspired song on the album.
My last favorite is “You & I”, which is probably my second favorite of their songs. It keeps changing between slow-paced verses (at least as slow-paced as this band gets), and some more up-beat choruses, which is probably why I like it so much.

Other favorites of mine include “I just know”, "Black swan" and “Dirty sexy money”. Go give this album a listen, and tell me what albums you love at the moment.

xx - Lene

You Might Also Like

0 kommentarer

Subscribe